BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson Aug. 29,1958 - June 25, 2009

Where do I start! I know when I was in I think fourth grade my mom recorded an interview Opera did with Michael Jackson! I fell in love right away! I must have watched that over 100 times! I liked him so much that I recorded the whole interview onto a cassette tape and would listen to it at night when I would go to bed! That is when it all started for me and my love of Michael Jackson! After that it was clipping articles, buying his tapes or cds, teaching my elementary friends his songs and making up little dances to them, I even went through many songs word by word and wrote them down to show my friends at school! (this is before internet) I used to take my walkman out at recess and show my friends my newest favorite song for the week! I couldn't get enough, I had 9 full video tapes of just Michael that me and my friends would watch at sleepovers and scream over our favorite parts! I have loved Michael for a long time and am heart broken that he is gone! When the tickets went on sale in London I wanted so badly to go, but I told myself that he would come here one last time and do a concert in the US. Now I will never have the chance to go! I remember one time I went to a play of "Joseph" and Donny Osmond was there because his nephew was playing Joseph. Now my mom was so excited because she loves Donny. But I remember sitting in my seat so excited and kindof nervous because someone who had met and shook Michael's hand was in the same building as me!!! All I wanted to do was ask him what Michael was like but I didn't get the chance! I knew this day would come and many times I thought of how I would react, but I didn't see it coming today! And I am reacting just like I thought I would, crying, crying, and crying! And recording all the news press about it! To many people I know this sounds silly or even stupid but I feel a great loss for the greatest entertainer of all time and a man that I have loved and stuck by for almost 20 years! I will always remember Micheal and the great impact he had on my life!! Just like his song for Ryan White, Michael was truly Gone Too Soon!!!

3 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Tara, this post almost made me cry! I'm so sorry for yours, and the worlds loss. He really did revolutionize the music and dance. I remember looking through your mounds of binders when we were younger. I didn't even know who he was until you--but because you made us listen to him all the time, I have a few of his CD's and videos--and I listed to them regularly! Hope you are doing okay. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. Love ya! Long live the King of Pop. By the way, I would have reacted the same way if I was alive when Elvis died.

Leslie said...

You were the first person I thought of when i heard the awful news! I remember many days/nights listening to him in our apartment! You truely are one of his biggest fans...and i didn't even know about the whole binder/elementary thing!! I remember when Princess Diana died i cried for like days...I can only imagine how your day was yesterday! It's crazy how much people can affect you even if you have never met them! Just know that i'm thinking of you and that it's okay to cry tonight when we hang out!! Love ya!

Courtney said...

TT,
I'm very sorry.. I know that you loved and still love Michael very much. I'm kind of sad myself that he's gone.. but remember that you'll be able to , not only see him, but meet him when the second coming comes! And you can convert him to the church! :D
Please remember Tara that you have a Husband, two little boys, parents and three sisters that love you very much!
I'll be here to comfort you, just like you'll be comforting me when Harrison Ford dies, hopefully lol.
I love you so much Tara!