BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

During my blogging hiatus I didn't blog about my Grandpa Kennard passing away, so I want to write about our trip to Logan to see his grave. Megan and I drove together with my boys in her car. (They love aunt Megan's car) We were almost there when Grady said "I'm sick I need to go to the doctor!" I think he was either getting car sick or just wanted to get out! He has learned when he doesn't feel good he asks to go to the doctor. So we got there and picked up some flowers for his grave and then went to the cemetery. His headstone just got put in and it looks great! I love that it is a standing one and that they can put the names of all their children on the back. My grandma wrote a beautiful poem that they put on the back as well. It's hard to think that I will never see him again in this life, but I know I will in the next! He was such a wonderful man who lived an amazing life and raised a beautiful family! I am so grateful to be in that family! And to know that we will be an eternal family! My grandpa served in the military when he was young so when we were at his burial site back in December they had a couple soldiers there and they were going to play taps but the trumpet didn't work, so on Monday we had my cousin Nathan play it. He did a great job, it made us all cry! It was great to be there with family remembering a wonderful man! After, we went to a park and ate lunch and the boys played with their cousins. It was a great day, we love and miss you Grandpa!


Frankland Ralph Kennard
Oct. 21, 1925- Dec. 26, 2009






The boys took turns putting our flowers down.




6 comments:

Katie and Derek Miller said...

i love his headstone! my mom wants me to help design my dads and i have no idea what to do :( ps i got your text i'm the worst at texting back! we totally need to play, im doing alright, just kinda keeping busy so i dont have time to think and feel sad but really i'm thankful my dads relieved of his painful body!

Marisa Jean said...

I think that's one of the prettiest headstones I've ever seen. I love the story about the trumpet, too.

Courtney said...

I miss Grandpa.. it's going to be different without him at the reunion :(

Great Home Cookin'Recipes said...

What great families and friends you got there and one is on the way. That's nice and I like the story too. You might like to get or copy some good recipes so that you can feed your families with good and healthy meals. Drop in to my site sometime when you got the time. First I would like to give you the cookbook as a gift to you and your families cause they look beautiful. Download this... http://tinyurl.com/7jlyxxw

Joshua said...

pearl earrings are certainly the best way to express a commitment with your bride. bridal jewelry set are increasingly popular and so too are antique engagement rings. Matchingpearl pendant are important to factor as many metals are available with platinum being the most popular.

Unknown said...

How Online Forex Trading
http://moneyplusmarket.blogspot.in/