BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Camping Trip

We took the boys camping for the first time this summer! We went with my dad and sisters and eric, myself and of course the boys! Aiden had been waiting to go all week because he wanted to sleep in the tent and he loves our air mattress so he was excited to pull that out! We just went up Provo Canyon so it wasn't far away but we got there just in time. We immediately put up the tents and the second we finished it started to rain!! So we got in the tents and waited and the fire pit had pretty good tree coverage so we could also hide under there without getting too wet! So we made dinner in the rain and sat by the fire in the rain and just camped in the rain. The boys liked to get in my dad's van and play but they kept coming in and out so we locked them in there to play and eventually they started looking through the windows trying to tell us they wanted out! We just heard these little voices saying "get us out" the picture says it all! We went to sleep in the tent and it rained some more. Grady did not like sleeping in the tent, the whole night he would wake up every half hour and cried saying "out, out" so finally around 3:30 am I decided to take him home since we lived 10 minutes away. Then when we got there he stayed up until 6 AM!!! So we slept for three hours until everyone at the campsite woke up and started calling us to come back! When we got there Aiden kept telling me "I liked sleeping in the tent, I was a good boy, I'm a good sleeper, huh mom!" He wanted me to know that he slept good after I had to leave. We made breakfast and it started to rain so finally we started to take our tents down and pack up to go home. Just as everything was in the car ready to go the sun came out! So we decided to hike up to Bridal Veil Falls and let the boys play in the water! They loved that even though it was really cold! We then went home and pitched the tent again so it could dry out and I did a lot of laundry to get rid of the fire smell! But even with the weather and the crying child, we had a good time! Aiden loved every minute and didn't care at all that it was raining! So thanks family for a great camping trip!








4 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Man--to live 10 minutes away, sounds dreamy! And of course the sun came out the moment you packed everything up. That's always the way it goes! ;)

Hunter Family said...

I love the picture of them in the van. Sooo cute! Looks like you guys had fun. Except for the being tired part. :)

~cArLiE~ said...

haha yes that was a very very wet camping trip but it was fun and who ever said girls couldn't camp!!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I have a blog at www.picturecamping.com where I feature people's posts about camping, and I would like to send my readers your way. Of course I would give you credit for quotes and would link back to your site.

Thanks for considering this,

Jean B. in SC